It appears that I have been awarded the prestigious Honest Scrap award by the one and only Lady Farmgal.
The little trophy says “This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.” I would like to thank FG for this honour because really, I don’t see anyone more fitting to receive it than myself. I would also like to thank the Almighty for giving me fingers to type, my parents for…….
- You must brag about the award (I just did that up there, no?)
- You must include the name of the blogger who bestowed the award on you and link back to the blogger
- You must choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
- Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on with the instructions!
So here are ten truths about me (as if y’all need more)
1. I once narrowly avoided arrest at Johannesburg International Airport (now O.R. Tambo International) for being in possession of an AK-47 bullet. I shit you not. It was a replica of a bullet, made into a pendant. I managed to get through one airport earlier that morning with the receipt from the shop where I bought it and they let me through bila maswali mengi. So I begged and pleaded and after calling the store to confirm that I did purchase the bullet there, they confiscated it and let me go.
2. I have a very low opinion of modern day feminists. They disgust me. But that doesn’t necessarily make me a chauvinist.
3. I have a habit of nicknaming things. I call my laptop Cathy (coz it’s a Compaq, and it has serious PMS-like mood swings) Pinky coz it’s…well…pink. My two cars were Helen and Helen Bandia. I also have a knack for nicknaming my friends. My phone book contains names such as JVC (Jaluo Very Charming), Frishy-Frish, Bullshit, I Shit You Not, Baengele, M.O.M.C (Mother of my children), Bushman, Powertab, Mascot, Kilunda, Gadaffi, Semantics, Mr Bad, Papa Shirandula, Mr Dad, Ms Ethiopia, KAR 041U, Ms No Panties, Muskaki, Eyewitness, Boxman, Rockstar, Runda’s Finest, Superwoman, Ka Smiley, Frishy-Frish etc.
4. If my little flat was to catch fire and I could only save two things, I’d grab Pinky and Cathy.
5. As mentioned in this post, I decided to mend relations with people who were close to me at some point and shit came between us. So far, so good. But it involves a lot of ass kissing and however much I think I’m beyond that, sometimes it needs to be done. There are some asses I’ve saved for last coz I’m 100% sure the ass owners will enjoy every second of it, and might specify that it be done with red lipstick!
6. I still think Grace M. is pure eye candy. Bite me!
7. When I listen to music (well…some) I picture the instrumentals in form of a painting. I do that for several songs, I simply close my eyes and paint something. It’s beautiful, really. Does anyone know any application that removes lyrics from music thus leaving only the instrumentals? Me thinks that’s the best way to listen to sh*t hop…sans lyrics!!
8. I think I’m a fairly good judge of character and I generally make friends quite easily. However, with my goldfish memory (I sometimes forget what I’m saying mid-sentence!) I tend to forget people quite fast as well. If I meet someone and we don’t click from the onset, then there must be something wrong with them. Most times I’m usually right.
9. ***this entry has been censored by the blog owner***
10. For some reason, people come to me with their relationship issues like I’m some sort of relationship counselor. I take it in my stride though, I do as much as I can to sort them out. The problem with that is that I can’t use those skills to sort out my own relationship issues!
I hereby bestow the Honest Scrap award upon the following deserving bloggers.
a) Ciiku: your brutal honesty should make this quite interesting!
b) Kelitu: Shimba Hills Finest, get on it chap chap!
c) Kahenya: very hilarious blog you’ve got there. We’d like to know a little more about you.
d) Supaflyshi: you never disappoint as far as TMI goes
e) Bomseh: rudi into circulation boss!
f) Zax: Same applies to you, cuz!
g) KD*: Coz I’ve never tagged you before.
h) Sultry Nutter: there’s never a dull moment in your life.
Picture of the day!
Arsene Wenger is the master of excuses. Could this be what he has in mind for the post-match press conference in case Arsenal fail to win tonight?
“Ze pitch was sloping heavily…and we vere attacking on ze upper end!”
What’s on my Playlist?
Cross my mind – Jill Scott