So I’ve been tagged by the good dentist…by the way, how can this one
be a doc when she’s got wazimu aina tatu? Isn’t that an oxymoron? What
if she’s busy performing a root canal then suddenly she changes into
the other wazimu? My dear, that Joe Biden tooth job you promised
FOUR THINGS I’M PASSIONATE ABOUT
1. Some family and my friends – I don’t talk a lot about my family and
that’s coz I’ve seen enough drama to fill a few books. I get along
with some, but not with others. Every family has its domestics. But we
don’t get to choose our family and deep down, blood is thicker than
water. I’m fortunate to have friends who love me and have my back on
any given day, and I just hope that I can be the friend that they’ve
been to me.
2. Chelsea FC – 10 years and counting. I remember back in 1998 when my
bro and I used to do battle on the Nintendo 64. He’s a die-hard Man U
fan, and the only team that I could use to beat his ass was Chelsea.
Soon afterwards I found myself watching them play on TV and before
long, I was hooked. The good old days of Gianfranco Zola (in fact, all
my Chelsea jerseys have #25 in his honour) Gianluca Vialli, Dennis
Wise, Mark Hughes, Roberto di Matteo et al. I’ve supported my team
through the ups and downs and I’m proud to say that mimi ni Chelski
LAKINI THAT SCOLARI IDIOT HAS TO GO!!!
3. Good music – I love good music of all genres (well, except shit hop
and Crunk! That’s just noise) and I’m currently working on expanding
my music collection. I need to get me some Acid Jazz starting with all
of Jamiroquai‘s albums (in my opinion, one of the greatest bands of
all time), Jazz, neo soul etc. I’ve recently started feeling
Afro-fusion and I got Atemi Oyungu‘s album “Hatimaye” (Check out the
song called “Someday“, hilarious and beautiful!) and Sauti Sol’s album
“Mwanzo”. I also got me some Robin Thicke and Papa
Wemba…..auuuuuuiiiiiiii!! Ever seen a chap dancing by himself at
4. Good food – I have a very healthy appetite. I love my food. Nuff sed!
FOUR WORDS OR PHRASES THAT I USE A LOT
2. Seriasrey (I don’t know where this came from, but I’ve been using
it quite a lot lately)
3. Oh drat!
4. Yada yada yada blah blah fishcake (my high school English teacher
used this a lot so it kinda rubbed off on me)
FOUR THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE
1. Own these six cars.
2. Make a difference in the lives of the less fortunate – I attended a
national school whose motto is “Strong to Serve” (I guess now you’ve
figured out which school that is). During my four years there I learnt
the value of service to others. I taught Sunday School and
participated in hospital visits and visits to the old people’s home
and also volunteered at the Abandoned Baby Centre and Dagoretti
Children’s Centre. I haven’t done much lately in terms of community
service but I intend to pick up from where I left off.
3. Write a book – I’m thinking up a storyline for this book. I intend
to make it so gripping and convoluted, ending in high suspense that
readers will either burn the book, rip it to shreds, pluck out their
hair in chunks, or shoot the author! (if they can find me – I’ll use a
4. Learn to play the bass guitar.
FOUR THINGS THAT I’VE LEARNT FROM THE PAST
1. Honesty is always the best policy – it doesn’t matter how badly
you’ve fcuked up, but being honest about it lifts a burden off your
shoulders and gives you a great sense of relief. It’s one virtue that
I treasure in people above all other virtues. There is no substitute
2. Sometimes what you think you know is merely a tip of the iceberg –
You think you know someone then they go out and do some shit that
leaves you thinking…WTF??!!! Sometimes curiosity gets the better of us
and when we do find out that extra information, you realize that you
were better off not knowing it in the first place. Like finding out
that the woman you love has had two abortions in the past. Or that
your pal attempted to rape someone. See what I mean? There are some
things you’re better off not knowing.
3. If you get lost in a strange town, always walk in a straight line
and you’re bound to find your bearings eventually – this is one of the
only two meaningful pieces of advice that my brother has ever given
me. It came in quite handy a few times in South Africa where my
curiosity got the better of me and I found myself exploring the
streets of Johannesburg and (that other city I was based in). I once
bought a bicycle and decided to ride it all the way from the shop to
my digz. Si I rode for like three hours!! Good thing it was mostly
downhill and along the beach, so the view was worth it. By the time I
got home, my crotch was sore as hell! Didn’t ride the bike for a week
4. When a woman’s fed up, there ain’t nothing you can do about it – R.
Kelly was right. When a woman’s made up her mind to leave your ass,
trust me, there’s jack sh*t that you can do to make her stay. And
that’s the truth.
FOUR PLACES THAT I WANT TO SEE OR VISIT
1. Stamford Bridge!!
2. The spot on the beach overlooking the Indian Ocean where this bench
is located. I loved that bench. Bomseh, have you found it yet? I
scratched on it “Archer was here – 2005!”
3. One country on every continent (does this count as one or five?)
4. The Bermuda Triangle – just to find out if it really exists. I’ll
let you know when I’m going so if I don’t return, best believe that
sh*t is for real!
FOUR THINGS THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY (Saturday)
1. Had a three and half hour French class. By the end of the second
hour, I’d forgotten what we did at the beginning of the first hour.
Surprisingly this is French 2 and I still can’t speak the bloody
2. Had lunch with my two gorgeous classmates.
3. Visited the family for a couple of hours.
4. Took a very lovely lady to watch Just a Band perform at Goethe
Institut. After that, we hit the hanye (my first this year – hiyo
maneno nili-retire) Mwenda’s then Habesha till like 3am, then went
Right, now to tag some people. Hmm….
1. 31337 – we need to know more about you
2. Acolyte – and you too
3. Sultry Nutter – this should be quite interesting
4. Movie Buff – coz you’ll shoot me if I don’t tag you!
5. Miss Cherie – to make up for not being a good blog friend.
6. CB – you too
What’s on my Playlist
Atemi – Someday